Citizen Police Academy Class Curriculum
- Welcome and Introdutions
- Departmental Organization
- Role of the Uniform Division
- Traffic Law & Vehicle Pullovers
- Firearms training (classroom & firing range)
- Gangs and Impact
- Criminal Investigation Division
- Drugs (identification and trends)
- Defensive Tactics
- Communications Center / 911 Center
- DUI Task Force and Field Sobriety
- Crime Scene Processing
- Officer Survival / Building Searches
- Jail Tour
- Officer Ride Along (minimum of 2 ride alongs)
- Classes are held weekly on Tuesday night from 6 PM to 9 PM.
- Classes are primarily held at the Lawrenceville Police Department. Other locations are visited as necessary.
- Attendance of each session is critical to fully benefit from participation in the Citizens Police Academy.
- A maximum of 3 missed sessions will be allowed in order to receive a "completion" of the program.
- Dress is business casual. Jeans are allowed. Shorts, tank tops, halter tops, etc. are not permitted.